A blurb is a tagline on the back-cover (or website) that is meant to sell your book. The blurb should include any information that represents the book best and catches the readers’ attention when buying a book; even when you opt for Kindle direct publishing, UK or otherwise.
How to write an enticing book teaser for Amazon Kindle self-publishing?
- Briefly describe the plot of your book.
- For fiction; introduce the main character, the problem & perhaps a twist. For non-fiction, it should be addressed to the reader with a proposed solution.
- You also should NOT give everything away in your full description.
- Include reviews at the end along-with the source.
The main character-
- It should be the character specifically (to relate with readers) and not generally about others.
- Mention the main character’s name. In non-fiction it is “you”.
- Do not start with such phrases as “In this book, . . . .” or “In a world where . . .”
- Do not explain why you wrote the book or how it changed your life.
- Include only 1-2 problems of the main character in your teaser.
- If the teaser seems too long, delete the less important parts.
Don’t insist on readers that they need your book
- Readers don’t like be told what they need to do.
- Don’t use phrases like “this is the best book ever!” or “this book will change your life!”Show how good your book is with a great, attention-grabbing description.
Potential buyers notice a blurb first when they see a book. It determines whether the reader will read your book or not.
Book designers, UK as White Magic Studios will support you with other publishing support such as editing, formatting, layouts, book-cover, e-book conversions. Children’s book illustrators, UK will help you by creating engrossing illustrations for great sales.